Families of Habitat for Humanity homes have contributed to the following statistics:
- On average, homeowners remain stable for 13.5 years vs. 2.5 for renters.
- Homeowners vote in every election 16% more than renters.
- Homeowners are three times more likely to own a business during their life.
- Homeowner’s children score 9% higher in math.
- Homeowner’s children score 7% higher in reading.
- Homeowner’s children are 20% more likely to graduate high school.
- Homeowner’s children are 62% more likely to go onto higher education.
Habitat for Humanity of Berks County’s focus is to increase these numbers as well as change lives and transform communities.