To purchase a home through Habitat for Humanity of Berks County, individuals and families must:
- Have lived in Berks County for at least one year
- Be first-time home buyers
- Be in the country legally
- Have proof of income
- Be willing to partner with Habitat Berks in completing 300 sweat equity hours
- Demonstrate a need for an affordable home (such as unsafe living conditions, overcrowding, high cost of rent, etc.)
- Fall within certain income guidelines*:
*Employment income, child support, disability, Social Security, pension, alimony and other benefits are included in calculating gross income.
Do you meet the qualifications? Please look at our current homes and check out our application page.