How do I start the vehicle donation process?
- Call Cars for Homes toll-free at 1-877-277-4344 or make your boat, truck, RV or car donation online.
- You will be asked to provide information about the vehicle you with to donate, including the make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN) and current mileage.
- Most vehicles with proper title information are accepted, unless the costs of processing and towing fees exceed the auction value of the vehicle.
What happens after my vehicle is accepted?
- You will be given instructions for processing the vehicle’s title. If the title cannot be located, assistance is available.
- Your donation is then assigned for pickup and sale.
- Arrangements are then made to have the title processed.
- You will be contacted to coordinate the vehicle and key pickup by a licensed and insured member of the national network of contractors who work for Advanced Remarketing Services, Habitat for Humanity’s authorized agent.
What happens after my vehicle is picked up?
- Your vehicle will be sold through a national network of diverse venues on behalf of Habitat for Humanity.
- After the car is sold, you will receive an acknowledgment letter thanking you for your support and providing the vehicle sale information. This letter may be used as a receipt for tax deduction purposes; additional tax documents will be provided when required by IRS regulations as a result of the sale value of the vehicle.
CARS FOR HOMES IS HABITAT FOR HUMANITY’S NATIONAL CAR DONATION PROGRAM AND PROCEEDS FROM DONATIONS HELP FUND HABITAT FOR HUMANITY OF BERKS COUNTY’S MISSION TO PROVIDE A FIRST TIME HOMEOWNERSHIP OPPORTUNITY FOR MODERATE INCOME FAMILIES.